Tech Nite - Details
Tech Nite is the Shenandoah Valley Technology Council's annual gathering highlighting Valley technology achievement and innovation in 6 categories. On May 7, 2014 attendees gathered at the JMU's Festival Center for Tech Nite 14 to recognize and highlight the successes of technology firms, organizations and programs in the region and the entrepreneurs and innovators behind those successes. Winners were announced live at the event. Award recipients are highlighted in blue, below.
What were the nominees highlighted for -- what did they accomplish? Read all about them: SVTC Tech Nite 2014 nominees (pdf), aka the printed program that was available that night.
Tech Nite 2014 Awards and Nominees:
High Tech Entrepreneur Award
This award honors an individual who has demonstrated outstanding entrepreneurial success in the development of a technology-based, commercial enterprise. The individual shall have been instrumental in the key technology development, commercialization, and subsequent demonstration of marketing success of related products and services.
Nominees for Tech Nite 2014 High Tech Entrepreneur Award:
- Andrew Harbick, Pickarious
- Tony Huffman, Approved Colleges, LLC
- Larry Miles, McClung Companies
- Andy Vanhook, Beau Baker and Jon Iwanicki, Appeal Production
High Tech Company Award
Sponsored by Wharton Aldhizer & Weaver PLC
This award recognizes outstanding commercial growth and achievement by an established company that produces and markets predominantly high tech products or services.
Nominees for Tech Nite 2014 High Tech Company Award:
- Chiedo Labs
- Eastern BioPlastics
- E-N Computers, Inc.
- Dascom Americas
- Immerge Technologies, division of McClung Companies
- Valley Engineering, PLC
Dr. John Noftsinger Leadership Award
Sponsored by LeClairRyan
This award honors an individual in a high tech organization whose personal leadership and efforts in the community have resulted in outstanding benefits to the region, or an individual outside a high tech organization whose personal leadership and example have resulted in outstanding, positive technology-related activity in the region. The individual shall be a resident of the Shenandoah Valley Region.
Nominee for Tech Nite 2014 Dr. John Noftsinger Leadership Award:
- Dr. Chris Bachmann, JMU College of Integrated Science & Engineering
- Dr. Krishna Kodukula, SRI Shenandoah Valley
Innovation In Higher Education Award
This award honors the innovative use and/or development of technology within the region's higher educational system or other technology-training program.
Nominees for Tech Nite 2014 Innovation In Higher Education Award:
- Carrie Boyd, BRCC SAILS Implementation
- Dr. Kevin Giovanetti, JMU Department of Physics
- Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM)
- James Madison University, Department of Nursing
- JMU Advanced Thermal Fluids Lab, Drs. Pierrakos, Altaii & Watson
- STEWii (Screening Teens Early With Identification and Intervention) Shenandoah University, School of Nursing
Innovation In K - 12 Education Award
This award honors the innovative use and/or development of technology within the region's K - 12 educational system or other technology-training program.
Nominees for Tech Nite 2014 Innovation in K-12 Education Award:
- Michael Bell, Page County Public School
- Karen Campbell, Harrisonburg City Public Schools
- Dr. Dixie Davis, Page County Public Schools
- Obe Hostetter, Rockingham County Public Schools
- Kaitlin Ilnitzki, Shelburne Middle Schoo, Staunton
- K-12 STEM Program, Harrisonburg City Public Schools
- Ben Kilmer & Chad Kiernan, GroMobi LLC
- Kelly Lawton, Luray Middle School
Innovative Technology Application Award
Sponsored by the Center for Innovative Technology
This award honors the innovative use of technology in more traditional Shenandoah Valley based industries such as agriculture and manufacturing.
Nominees for Tech Nite 2014 Innovative Technology Application Award:
- A&J Development & Excavation Inc.
- Ivy Tools
- Life Access Technology
- Rockingham County Community Development
- Secure Futures, LLC
- Staunton City Schools
- SUNRNR of Virginia, Inc.
Tech Nite 15 Sponsorship Opportunities
Tech Nite provides numerous sponsorship opportunities. In addition to award sponsorships, we offer table, media/multimedia, reception and dessert bar sponsorships. Whether you're interested in bringing a table full of folks, having your logo included on our Tech Nite web pages, getting a mention in print, -- we have sponsorships that fit all wallets. All the details in one pdf: SVTC Tech Nite 2014 sponsorship opportunities Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.