Technical Specialist, E-N Computers - Fishersville, VA
The Technical Specialist is a strategic technical position within our organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s software systems, along with coordinating complex projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
For full job posting and to apply visit http://www.indeed.com/job/technical-specialist-bf11ba371c6bdd96
Posted to SVTC website 4/8/13
City Schools, Part Time Technology Support Technician
Human Resources Department (up to 20/hours per week)
Follow the Technology work-order system and perform the repairs required to maintain the computing equipment of Staunton City Public Schools at the State Operated Programs.
Responsibilities: Include the following: installing networked computers, printers, Smartboards, tablets, LCD projectors and related equipment. Tasks also include basic troubleshooting skills in a TCP/IP ethernet environment and solving problems related to the above listed equipment. This role also involves personal communication with staff and members of the IT Department.
Qualifications: Candidate must have training and experience networking computers. Must have experience in repairing and troubleshooting of but not limited to, laptop and desktop computers, printers, scanners, mass storage devices, Microsoft software, etc. Must have a minimum of three years of experience in a related field and an A+ certification.
For more information: http://www.staunton.k12.va.us/Page/290.
Posted to SVTC website 3/21/13
SVGS Instructional Staff Opening(s) for STEM Program, Fall 2013
The Shenandoah Valley Governor’s School, a regional school serving 220 11th and 12th grade gifted students from seven high schools in the Shenandoah Valley, expects one or more openings for experienced teachers to join its faculty for the Fall, 2013.
Anticipated teaching positions may include physics, computer science, engineering, geospatial information systems, scientific research, advanced mathematics or other related STEM areas. Many SVGS courses are dual-enrollment with James Madison University or Blue Ridge Community College so a Master’s or Doctorate from an accredited university with 18 graduate hours in the subject area is highly desirable. Applicants should be able to qualify for a Virginia Teaching License. A minimum of three years of successful teaching experience is recommended.
More information about SVGS may be found on the school’s web site (www.svgs.k12.va.us).
Positions will be full-time with benefits beginning August 1, 2013. Salary and benefits are based on the compensation package of Augusta County Schools (www.augusta.k12.va.us). The need for adjunct instructors is possible.
Posted to SVTC website 2/7/13